First Presbyterian Church in Jacksonville
Welcome to First Presbyterian Church of Jacksonville, Florida. We hope you will take a few minutes to explore our website and see what we are all about, here in downtown Jacksonville, Florida. Our vision is To Know and Serve Christ. Our Mission is to make disciples and equip them for ministry. In everything we do, we make it our aim to point all people and all ministries to Jesus. New visitors will want to take a moment to read more about our Core Values. Rev. Robert L. Morris, Jr., the staff and congregation of FPC invite you to join us for weekly worship, special events and/or services throughout the year.
“The Book of James – A Manual for New Believers”
Rev. Dr. Robert L. Morris, Jr. is currently preaching a sermon series based on the book of James. The new testament Book of James is for those that have recently committed themselves to Christ and instructs us how to live our lives. Sermon topics in this series include “Strong Enough to Walk Away,” “Loving Enough to Say, ‘Yes and No,’” “The Power of the Tongue,” “The Power of Repentance,” and “Faith + Love= Work”. Rev. Morris will deliver the latest sermon in this series during worship each Sunday morning at 10:30 AM. If you would like to listen to a sermon that you missed, go to recent sermons on this web page.
Small Groups and Classes Resume August 17
After a short break for the summer, all of our children and Emerge students classes, as well as, most of our adult groups and classes will resume on August 17 at 9:30 am. We are looking forward to seeing everyone this week!
Follow us on…
- Summer 2014 First Edition
- April/May 2014 First Edition
- February / March 2014 First Edition
- December 2013 /January 2014 First Edition
- September 2013 First Edition
- “The Power of the Tongue” – #5 in the “The Book of James – A Manual for New Believers” Series
- “Restoring the Lost Commission”
- “Freed by Grace, Free to Live”
- “Faith + Love = Works” – #4 in the “The Book of James – A Manual for New Believers” Series
- “Loving Enough to Say “Yes and No” #3 in the “The Book of James- A Manual for New Believers” Series