First Presbyterian Church in Jacksonville
Welcome to First Presbyterian Church of Jacksonville, Florida. We hope you will take a few minutes to explore our website and see what we are all about, here in downtown Jacksonville, Florida. Our vision is To Know and Serve Christ. Our Mission is to make disciples and equip them for ministry. In everything we do, we make it our aim to point all people and all ministries to Jesus. New visitors will want to take a moment to read more about our Core Values. Rev. Robert L. Morris, Jr., the staff and congregation of FPC invite you to join us for weekly worship, special events and/or services throughout the year.
FPC Mission Work Summer 2014
We have two different mission teams in Jamaica June 7-14. One group consists of 13 health professionals that are seeing patients in a small village in the northeastern part of the island. They will treat hundreds of people (some who have walked for hours hoping to see a doctor or dentist). The other team is helping to build a new house for an elderly man that has health issues.
Fourteen of our youth and leaders will travel to New York City beginning June 13 to work with New York School of Urban Mission. The students will spend a day in training and then do 4 days of ministry in one of the Burroughs of New York.
From June 18 to July 6, a group of FPC missionaries that are also associated with Len Ministries, will be in Russia. They will be preaching and teaching evangelism techniques to some of the local citizens in the cities of Bratsk and Ulan-Ude. They also anticipate doing some ministry work in orphanages, summer camps, hospitals, and rehab centers while in Russia.
From July 14-18 our student ministry will be doing their “Five Days Straight” mission here in Jacksonville. Each day they will be assisting in a ministry here in Downtown Jacksonville, such as Home, Inc., Clara White Mission, Downtown Ecumenical Services Council, and one day they will be cleaning up a downtown park.
Follow us on…
- Summer 2014 First Edition
- April/May 2014 First Edition
- February / March 2014 First Edition
- December 2013 /January 2014 First Edition
- September 2013 First Edition
- “Faith + Love = Works” – #4 in the “The Book of James – A Manual for New Believers” Series
- “Loving Enough to Say “Yes and No” #3 in the “The Book of James- A Manual for New Believers” Series
- “Strong Enough to Walk Away” #2 in the “The Book of James- A Manual for New Believers” Series
- Sermon #1 in the Series – “The Book of James- A Manual for New Believers”
- “Message from Reagan Courtney guest speaker”