First Presbyterian Church has opened for corporate worship, and will be maintaining Covid-safety protocol for the Sunday services. FPC will continue to broadcast the livestream services. You may connect at 10:30 a.m. Sunday morning at this FaceBook link: www.facebook.com/fpc.pres.5 to watch on your computer or mobile device. Or you may listen to the live broadcast on Blogtalkradio by clicking here: www.blogtalkradio.com/JacksonvilleFLChurch. The broadcast can also be heard live by calling in at 10:30 at 516-418-5703. Please see the link to download the Order of Worship for this week under the sermon photo (below).
The leadership of First Presbyterian Church is aware that not everyone may be ready to return to the sanctuary at this time for public worship. Persons whose health is compromised should avoid returning. For those who desire to participate in person, we are asking that you observe the following protocol:
- Please bring a mask with you to worship. Masks are available for those who need them.
- The East Monroe Street red doors will be opened at 10:00. The church openers and closers will be on site.
- There will be spaced seating. Families may sit together.
- Please practice social distancing and avoid handshaking.
- There will be no use of hymnals and pew Bibles.
- Offering plates will not be passed, but are near the sanctuary entrance. Brenda Baker will supervise this area.
- Covenant Hall and Williams Building are off limits (except for Children's Church and bathroom use).
- Hand sanitizers are available in the sanctuary.
- Live streaming of services will continue.
- Our janitorial service will continue to maintain thorough cleaning of the sanctuary between weekly services.
- Please wait to be dismissed by rows and do not congregate in the Sanctuary following the service.
Sermon: REdiscover Christmas: Finding Hope in Our Uncertainties