First Presbyterian Church has opened for corporate worship, and will be maintaining Covid-safety protocol for the Sunday services. FPC will continue to broadcast the livestream services. You may connect at 10:30 a.m. Sunday morning at this FaceBook link: www.facebook.com/fpc.pres.5 to watch on your computer or mobile device. Or you may listen to the live broadcast on Blogtalkradio by clicking here: www.blogtalkradio.com/JacksonvilleFLChurch. The broadcast can also be heard live by calling in at 10:30 at 516-418-5703. Please see the link to download the Order of Worship for this week under the sermon photo (below).
The leadership of First Presbyterian Church is aware that not everyone may be ready to return to the sanctuary at this time for public worship. Persons whose health is compromised should avoid returning. For those who desire to participate in person, we are asking that you observe the following protocol:
- Please bring a mask with you to worship. We will also have masks (and gloves) available for those who need them.
- The East Monroe Street red doors will be opened at 10:00. The church openers and closers will be on site. Barbara Albertini will also be on the premises with the First Impressions team to help monitor.
- There will be spaced seating. Sticky dots will be placed on pews showing folks where to sit, and every other pew will be roped or taped off. Families may sit together. An usher or some such person will direct folks where to seat.
- There will be no passing of the peace, greeting via handshakes, hugging, and such.
- There will back-up paper bulletins of the order of worship, but the order of worship will be projected on the screen. There will be no use of hymnals and pew Bibles.
- Offering plates will not be passed. The plates will be on the table near the sanctuary entrance for folks to leave their tithes and offerings upon leaving. Brenda Baker will supervise this area and make sure the plates are not left unattended.
- Spacing will be maintained during dismissal. Directions will be given from the pulpit following the benediction. Parishioners will be directed not to bunch up when leaving the sanctuary.
- There will be no children’s sermon.
- Covenant Hall and the Williams Building will be off limits (with the exception of bathrooms, which will be marked with signage).
- There will be no nursery, no Sunday School, or any other public activities on the church premises for the time being.
- There will be no coffee and refreshments following the worship service.
- Hand sanitizers will be in abundance in the sanctuary.
- Live streaming of services will continue.
- Our janitorial service will continue to maintain thorough cleaning of the sanctuary between weekly services.
- Remember to stay safe, fear not, and be of good cheer! (John 16:33)
Sermon: "The Return" part 3